Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Basil Pasta House, Kuchai Lama

Since my last post was about cheap, low budget pasta. 
Now let's increase your budget to a reasonable price for a superb plate of pasta. 
Basil Pasta House. 

Heck, hearing the name Basil Pasta House itself tempts me to pay a visit, and with a few friends' recommendations, I had to pay a visit!
PS. I love love love basil! ;) 

Located at Kuchai Lama, it was quite easy to find the place with the help of Waze :)
We heard that it can get really crowded during peak hours, so we went slightly earlier.


Loving the interior design and the vibe here :)

I almost always feel the need to try mushroom soups in different restaurants, so I had to order this time. 

Wild mushroom soup, RM6.90
Trio of button, shiitake & oyster mushroom, cream and truffle oil. 
A deliciously savoury soup.
The presentation was surprising too. They served it in a unique plate, instead of the usual bowls. 


They had a wide variety of pasta dishes on their menu, and all the prices were reasonably good. 
They even allow you to choose your preffered type of pasta too :)

Usually, I would get pesto, cos you can never go wrong with pesto, and it is my all time favourite. 
But I decided to try something new this time :)
No regrets!

Bucatini & Crispy Squid Chinese Golden 'Mac and cheese', RM16.90
Hole center pasta sautéed with a golden egg yolk sauce, evaporated milk, curry leaf, chilli flakes and  topped with deep-fried squid rings.
Doesn't this look so good? I ordered this, and I have no regrets, just satisfaction. 


The egg yolk sauce was so good, this pasta reminds me of the typical chinese salted egg dishes. If you love salted egg, YOU MUST TRY THIS.
This was a really good fusion pasta, but I'd probably choose a different type of pasta next time. Not a big fan of Bucatini...
But I am a big fan of this egg yolk sauce! Yums.

Spaghetti Madras Curry and Crispy Pork Chop, RM18.90
Spaghetti sautéed with field mushroom ragù, served with deep-fried 6" golden-fried pork fillet and sesame-wasabi dressing.
My friend ordered this, and honestly, this was just an average for me. 
I enjoyed the curry taste, but it was just mediocre for me. 
Nothing really special here besides the touch of curry, but if you're new to fusion pastas and not feeling too adventurous, this might be a good choice.

Aglio Olio e Peperoncino, RM8.90 with an add-on grilled chicken, RM4.90
Olive oil, basil, garlic, chilli flakes, Parmesan cheese and cherry tomatoes.

A simple aglio olio with a nice touch :) Can't go wrong with a simple aglio olio. 
Angel hair pasta for an aglio olio would've been a better choice. 


Overall the pastas were good, and their service was spectacular. Really good customer service. They really care about their customers and they do put an extra effort to satisfy your preferences :)

Good service and reasonable prices. I'd come back here again for sure! 


Basil Pasta House
21 Jalan Kuchai Maju 6,
Off Jalan Kuchai Lama,
58200 Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Post a Comment